Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lin, Love, And The NBA Chance To Grab Headlines

Let's face it, after the NFL season ends a great
many of us go through the lull of trying to figure
out what sports we want to follow. After Baseball
and Football, only the diehard NBA & NHL fans can
continue on with no shakes or shivers of any kind.

This week though I was able to grab three things
that made me turn my attention to the NBA.

The Lakers worked out Gilbert Arenas to see if he
was worth signing. Wow, I didn't even realize that
he wasn't playing for anyone, kinda embarrassing
on my part really.

Then I saw the story on Yahoo Sports that said
something about Kevin Love of the Timberwolves
thinking that it would be a good idea if the NBA
took MLB's idea of making the All-Star game decide
home field advantage in the Finals. Is he nuts?
Doesn't he realize that they are trying to get rid
of that stupid idea? Maybe he's taken too many
rebounds to the head.

Third but not least is of course the Jeremy Lin story
out of New York with the Knicks. I don't know much,
but I have seen him finish the last two games that they
played, they won, and he plays hard from what I can see.
None of these things are things you can argue with, BUT,
apparently every Tom, Dick, and Harry that calls in to
the sports talk radio stations in New York has already
decided that they know how this is gonna turn out when
Carmelo and Amare return to the starting lineup.
Boy was I glad to hear what they had to say, I wouldn't
want to be kept in suspense or anything, and I'm sure
they saved Carmelo and Stoudamire a boatload of time
as well. All the same though, I think I will start
watching more now, and take my chances. I'm sure the
NBA is loving this, and they don't have to spend a
bunch of advertising dollars for this feel good story
that even has a crazy connection to Tim Tebow.
You can't beat that!

Don't Believe In Plays, Believe In Players - Al Davis

No comments: