Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Red Sox Fire Bobby Valentine, Sky Still Blue











 
US Presswire 
 
This might be the dumbest thing I write about all year, it's
just too easy.  Did anyone, ANYONE think that hiring
Bobby Valentine as manager of the Boston Red Sox was
a good idea?  It was one of the most inevitable things we
had to expect.  Not that Valentine is a bad manager, and
you don;'t have to agree or disagree with that statement
for that matter, but it was just a B A D fit, period.

Valentine could be manager of almost any team, and would
have been a better idea than hiring him in Boston, but
whether it was ownership or the GM, the ball was dropped.
I have no idea what they were looking for Red Sox fans,
not a clue.  Exposure? Discipline? Headlines?  Don't know,
but what I do know is that no one is more to blame for the
Red Sox huge shortcomings this year that whoever it was
that pulled the trigger and had the final say on this hiring.

I will make an admission though, when Boston traded away
Gonzalez, Beckett, Crawford, and Scutaro, I thought that
they might be in a way backing Valentine.  Shame on me.
I was wrong, and way off, I should have stuck with my initial
instinct, this was a bad fit, and he wouldn't last past this
season.  The news gets worse Sox fans, this won't be an
easy hole to dig out of, not at all.  
  
Don't Believe In Plays, Believe In Players - Al Davis

No comments: