Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ozzie Guillen Fired.........Just A Matter Of Time

Mike Ehrmann, Getty Images

The last time I wrote about Ozzie Guillen's situation in
Miami and the outrage from it's Cuban community, I ended
the story with the fact that I didn't think he would be
able to survive this, and it seems as though that thought
is beginning to take flight.

Seth Everett who is a Sports Broadcaster for CBS-Philly
appeared on the Richard Neer show today on WFAN in NY,
and not only did he divulge that he is a Cuban American
himself on his fathers side, but also that the word around
Miami is for protests planned for Guillen's return are
about to make it really uncomfortable for the Marlins to
ignore the public outcry. Not only are human barricades
planned in protest to make it difficult for fans to attend
Marlins games if Ozzie Guillen is allowed to remain manager,
but Everett also went on to say that two major sponsors that
are Cuban owned are contemplating pulling their financial
support of the team until something is done. I do not know
if any of this is major news to you, but depending on what
part of the country you live in, it probably is.

I'm certainly not rooting for Ozzie to get fired, but I
believe he will, and he should eventually start realizing
that his words have real consequences, and saying I'm sorry
is not always enough. Sometimes you have to be sorry too.






Don't Believe In Plays, Believe In Players - Al Davis

No comments: