Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Has John Calipari Taken An A-Rod Type Monkey Off His Back?

AP Photo

Admittedly I haven't been chock full off sports stories
the last couple of days. The Ncaa tournament didn't
excite me, I don't know enough about the Women's bracket
to make any comments, and not only is the NBA frustrating
me, but MLB and their on again off again season has
actually annoyed me. Through all of that one though
came to mind Monday night as all the talk and Twitter
chatter started to ramp up. Is it just me or does John
Calipari finally winning a Championship remind you at
all of A-Rod after he finally won his World Series ring
with the Yankees?

I can't help but see the comparison, albeit it a small
sample at that, but I would venture to say that they
are not too well liked in many circles, and yet they
once were. They finally won their first and still lone
title with a very storied franchise/team, and I would
easily bet that most folks were rooting against them.
It's not a perfect science I know, but it's not meant
to be, it's just a feeling. Am I wrong?

PS: Every time the University of Kentucky has won the
National Championship, the New York Yankees have won
the World Series in the very same year. I believe the
ball is in your court Mr. Rodriguez.


Congratulations to the Baylor Bears Women's Basketball
Team for going 40-0 and Winning the Women's National
Championship! Guess it ain't all just about RG III.

Don't Believe In Plays, Believe In Players - Al Davis

No comments: