Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Colts May Consider Trading Andrew Luck For RGIII

(US Presswire) Though it may not be officially listed as a trade, it would be a change of heart to say the very least. This was something I mentioned soon after the Redskins pulled off that monster draft trade with the St. Louis Rams to move into the second position in the 2012 draft, and even something I recommended the Colts do if I were in their position. Instead of making Andrew Luck the #1 overall pick in the draft, choose RG III instead. Don't believe me? This is what Jim Irsay told the USA today about it:
"It's up in the air. We have to look at this thing completely open-minded. You have 2 outstanding athletes, two great pure passers, two guys from families that are incredible ... If we get to the point where we're going to negotiate early, get something done before the draft, you never rule that out. We've talked to both agents. We haven't negotiated yet."
I have stated more than once that I think RG III is the better QB of the two, and though I don't have the pedigree of a Mike Mayock, or Mel Kiper, I do know what my eyes tell me. I believe that RG III is going to be a better long term solution for any team than Andrew Luck is, but like most predictions, only time will tell who's right. The interesting part of of the possibility that Jim Irsay changes his mind is that the Redskins have already put their eggs in the RG III basket, but as I mentioned when they made this trade, they are in a kind of win win type of situation. Andrew Luck is obviously no schlub, so if Irsay and the Colts should happen to change their minds, they still wind up with Luck. Thing is, though they may not say it publicly, it not what they had planned. Don't Believe In Plays, Believe In Players - Al Davis

No comments: