Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What Kind of Representation?

I could just say it's kind of a slow news night,
but the truth is that baseball provided enough
laughter, and tears tonight. I also hate giving
this guy any more print than he's already gotten,
but I got no beef with him tonight.

This is a sports rant, with a twist. Sports because
it involves Michael Vick, and in case you haven't
noticed , he's still on the Atlanta Falcons payroll.

The twist lies here. The DA in Virginia has
decided to pursue charges on Michael Vick.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for this guy
doing time for his crime, Bu I am certainly
perturbed over the fact that they are wasting
tax payer dollars on this one. Even though
they are trying him on dogfighting charges,
charges that he was not indicted on in the
Federal courts. Should they find him to be
guilty on these charges, the likely hood that
he would serve any more time than he is
already sentenced to is slim and none.

So why do it?

Another DA trying to make a name for himself?
Uh, can anyone say Duke Lacrosse?

C'mon stop wasting time, money, and resources.
If Michael Vick was going to do more time, I would,
say, hey he deserves it just for the cruelty aspect
alone, but if you are not going to add not even a
single day, then the crime committed here is
this new trial. Why do we stand for this?

And, oh yeah the Royal Bank of Canada is suing
Mr. Vick for 2.3 million dollars, but at least they're
using their own funds for that one, I Hope.

No comments: