Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Friday, September 21, 2007

O. J.

See here's what I don't get, and maybe it's because I have
never enjoyed major fame like OJ Simpson, but what makes
you get up out of bed and say: "Today I'm an Idiot?"

Here is a guy that got most people including this writer believe
got away with murder. So let me re-phrase. What makes him
get out of bed that morning and say: " Today I, and a few armed
men are going to set up a sting operation to get back stuff that
belongs to me, but really doesn't belong to me because a judge
said that everything I own belongs to the Goldman's to the
tune of up to three and a half million dollars?"

Why would anyone put themselves in such a position, when
you and I both know that he should probably be a crochet
champ by now. Did he think no one would recognize him?
When he got it back did he believe that the courts would let
him keep the proceeds of the sale of these items?
Someone please help me, because I am utterly confused
beyond comprehension. I mean you get away with MURDER,
and this is your follow up. Oh wait, "If I did it" is the follow up.

Nature does love Stupid !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only guess that OJ wanted to get caught. I think guilt has been eating at him, but not in the conscious way that you or I would feel awful for hurting someone. Instead he decided he would find some other way to punish himself and in a way that seems unrelated to the murder issues (but might not be).

Either that, or he is coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs. Take your pick because I too am at a loss!