Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bonds, Barry Bonds

I wish I could compliment the San Fransisco Giants
for doing the right thing, but their greed got in the way
of that possibility. I'm sure they won't lose much sleep
over that though. I guess many of you might think
that the next finger I point will be at greedy corporate
America, but no, we are ALL guilty of that greed.
Yes I know that many of you didn't care for his HR
chase, and like myself even rooted against him, but
many of you would be eliminated from that group
had he played for your team.

You see I would love to make it cut and dry and say
now that they milked Barry in his HR record setting
chase they disposed of him, but the truth is he is as
guilty of using them as they are of using him.

The RIGHT thing to do was for no one to sign this
cheater, yes CHEATER, No one had the back bone
to do that, and more importantly, there was MONEY
to be made. That's usually a bad time to look for
principals.

Now the Giants with two weeks left in the 2007
season say they want to part ways and move in
a new direction. A classless move, but one
befitting them and Bonds. Fifteen seasons,
thanks for the memories, GOODBYE.
You can't make this stuff up, problem is, this
kind of stuff is becoming so commonplace that
I bet many aren't even surprised. I can't
understand why Barry is.

Childhood may never be the same.

No comments: