Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Miami Marlins Can Flounder With the Worst Of Them


AP Photo

I wrote articles late last year and earlier this
year that I felt the spending by the NEW Miami
Marlins was a reach on their part, and that the
players they were targeting would not be a panacea
for their woes, and now the standings reflect just
that.

I know I'm not the only one that has been saying
this, but I still felt confident in saying it.
Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, Heath Bell were some
of the names they got, and Albert Pujols was one
more they were after, and now even though those
names still remain, other key players are either
gone or on their way. Josh Johnson is on the
trading block, yes trades can still happen after
July 31st, Heath Bell is too, boy that marriage
was short lived. Gaby Sanchez and Hanley Ramirez
will be spending their playoffs with competitive
teams.

There was no way Jeffrey Loria was going to sit
back and watch anymore of his money disappear for
more bad baseball, not when the taxpayers have
already paid for his shiny new stadium. I would
say get used to it Marlins Fans, but you should
already be used to it by now. You've have had
plenty of training.

Don't Believe In Plays, Believe In Players - Al Davis

No comments: