Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Chris Bosh Less Heat "Extinguished" By The Pacers

Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images

I'm not sure the Miami Heat PA Announcer wants to use
the term extinguish to describe the Heats loss last
night at the hands of the Indiana Pacers as joyfully
as he did when describing the fouling out of Amar'e
Stoudemire last week, but that's pretty much what
the Pacers did last night.

I have been calling Miami's "BIG 3" the "Big 2.5" for
as long as they put that trio together, but I have to
admit that as soon as I heard that Chris Bosh got hurt
and would be out for the rest of the second round, I
knew Indiana caught a break. Last night was a perfect
example of this, and though I won't go as far as saying
that the Heat will lose this series, they just might.

Last week Nationals GM Mike Rizzo called the Phillies
Cole Hamels "fake tough" a term that I can only recall
hearing once before, and that was when Kevin Durant
used it to refer to Chris Bosh that way last year.
As I recall, I was fully on board with that assessment
of Bosh, but what I must admit if the Heat do drop this
series, or if it goes seven and they sweat it out, is
that Bosh is more important to Miami's Championship
aspirations than I care to admit.

Don't Believe In Plays, Believe In Players - Al Davis

No comments: