Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Dinks And Dunks

NCAA Football
After watching Hawai'i win a squeaker vs Nevada
on Friday, it was clear to me that this team was
ranked 16th in the BCS polls despite the undefeated
record of 9-0 for a reason. Even though they were
playing without their star and Heisman Trophy
hopeful, Colt Brennan, and this has been a strange
year even for teams that are supposed to win easy,
they showed me that they would be crushed like a
bug if they played a big time program like an
Ohio State or LSU. Don't get me wrong, I love
a good underdog story, I liked it with Boise St.
last year and, I'm pulling for Hawai'i this year
but if they don't finish strong against the
aforementioned Bosie St. who is going to be
their only high ranked opponent this year,
they will be no better than any other non
BCS school.

NCAA II I attended the Harvard Yale game
today, and all I can say is that only in a rivalry
game can a 9-0 team like Yale get crushed
37-6 by an opponent on their own field.
It was a great experience, but would have been
much better to see a team finish their season
undefeated.

NBA The NY Knicks are way too talented to be this
bad, and Stephon Marbury has been on way too
many underachieving teams for this to be a
coincidence. Something has to give, and I won't
even begin to suggest what.

NHL The New York Rangers have turned their
early season struggles around, and the have a
really strong choice for first half MVP, and that's
the fabulous Swede Henrik Lundqvist and his
1.71 Goals Against Average.

Correction/Addition The previous post
titled Boston (W) Tea Party mentioned many
Boston and New England teams, I did
however fail to mention that the New England
Revolution will be in the MLS Cup final on
Sunday in Soccer, and since then Harvard
beat Yale to go undefeated in the Ivy League
and win the Ivy League Championship.
Man talk about a hot, hot, hot city/region.

No comments: