Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Kill Bill? Why?

It's clear that the NFL is the number one
sport in America for more that just the
touchdowns and great catches. With all
the sports that have become more popular
like Ultimate Fighting (UFC) and even
underground sports like the ones that
get people like Michael Vick in trouble,
dog fighting, the thirst for hits and violence
is certainly something that should raise
concern. These are not the days of the
Roman empire, and civilized society's
are not supposed to behave like this.
South Korean boxer Choi Yo-sam was
declared dead shortly after being
crowned Champion and collapsing, luckily
for others his organs were donated.
Is this the price we wish that our athletes
should pay for their success, or our jealousy
of that success? On a lighter note Buffalo
Bills special teams player was almost
paralyzed after a play early in the season,
and others before him have been. I'm not
sure I have a solution, and I'll be the first to
tell you that I LOVE football, but I thought
I would leave you some food for thought.

No comments: