Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Danica Patrick & The NHL Playoffs

So I got this comment on my last blog post
that I've chosen to answer here, and it referred
to the fact that I gave no mention to Danica
Patrick's first ever victory, or the NHL Playoffs.
Well here goes. Danica Patrick is a good looking
woman, married by the way, who happens to be
good at what she does. She also happens to be the
first woman to ever win a race in her league, that's
GREAT, except this is no Jackie Robinson feat,
nor is it a Rosa Parks event, and though she does
deserve props for her accomplishment, let's not
make more out of this than it is. A victory by an
average driver, who happens to be a female too.
As for the NHL playoffs, I did mention them not
too long ago. I believe it was a reference to the
NY Rangers possibly facing there old coach Mike
Keenan in the Finals and how interesting it would
make it for the two, but first he and the Flames have
to beat San Jose tonight in a deciding game seven.
That's all I have for now, except if your an NHL
fan I suggest you tune in tonight, it may be one
of their more recent finer moments, two game
sevens with teams that can bring it. Enjoy

No comments: