Sports talk, and articles for the thinker. Reach me at MadStorkSports@yahoo.com with your thoughts

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Here's Your Fat Contract, Now LEAVE !

I mean isn't that what everyone does these days?
No reason for a contract if your not going to honor
it, is there? Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps I should ask
Nick Saban, no wait how about Dennis Erickson, I
would ask Bobby Petrino, but he's a little busy right
now signing a contract he must certainly intend to
get out of. It has become an absolute disgrace, and
moreover shameful.

Everyone that knows me knows I'm a huge Raiders
fan, and have been for 32 years, and the reason I bring
this up is because reports have Lane Kiffin being a top
candidate for the Arkansas job before Petrino got it.
Why not Kiffin then? Well Al Davis the Raiders owner
wanted too much compensation. and frankly I don't
blame him. These guys leave and nothing, Atlanta
for instance has it's thumb up it's butt. Keep in mind
that they had to make an entirely new rule for how
savvy Mr. Davis is. When Jon Gruden was TRADED
to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Raiders received
two first round picks, two second round picks, and
$8million in cash, after that trades like that were no
longer allowed. He basically cleaned them out, which
is why after taking Tony Dungy's team to a Championship
they were horrible for a few years, they had nothing.
It's time that they start to pay for moves like this,
make the coaches pay too. They leave for greater
riches, make it cost something. When a coach gets
fired it's usually for losing, actually almost always,
but when a coach leaves it's usually because he's
looking for more money, and I'm sorry these guys
are not at a level of poverty I need to sympathize
with. BE A MAN, KEEP YOUR WORD ! ! !

No comments: